Update #11 – VIVE Cosmos support, weapon recoils, faster progression, new rank icons & tons of bug fixes!
Since the last update, we’ve mostly been busy with fixing bugs and improving game mechanics.
The most noticeable addition is the new, overhauled recoil system, which will make aiming just a tiny bit more difficult…
We’ve also overhauled the rank icons, they’ll now visually represent the hard work that goes into getting them. 🙂
Concerning the progression speed – we’ve heard your feedback about the grind, so we’ve chopped it in half: you’ll get double the amount of XP and money per mission (compared to the amount of XP and money pre-update). We’ve also added VIVE Cosmos support!
Old recoil on the left-, new recoil on the right side:
You can check the full list below:
WEAPONS | ATTACHMENTS
- New recoils – We’ve reworked how the weapons behave, it’s much more realistic now (subject to change based on feedback)
- New double magazines for the Uzi, P90 and the M1918 BAR
- New weapon skins for P90, M4A1, Python
- Shotgun clips are saved in the belt when moving between missions
- Sliders and stocks are released by the hand if you move the controller too far away
- Weapons spawned in the player’s belt have ammo chambered (they were spawned empty beforehand)
- Fixed a rare issue where knocking off scope attachments could cause iron sights to be incorrectly visible
- Fixed muzzle flash location when applying suppressors
- Fixed muzzle flash appearance when applying suppressors
- Improved Python handling and fixed barrel opening
- Fixed Ka5C slider – plate is now moving when shooting
- Improved Steyr Aug and KRISS Vector handling
- Steyr Aug rail fixed when applying attachments
- Improved turret handling
GAMEPLAY | CO-OP IMPROVEMENTS
- Renamed ranks with new, visually pleasing icons
- XP is now capped at lvl100 – won’t be accumulated after reaching the maximum amount
- Microphone ‘always on’ option – when enabled in the settings, the mic will always be activated, no need to manually turn the voice chat on
- Added a confirmation window on death screen before returning to lobby – no more accindentally leaving a Co-op session
- Fixed a rare issue where the host’s hand could get stuck in the air when secondary grabbing a weapon
- Improved player hand sync between host and client
- Iron sights in Co-op fixed
- Smart attachment Interaction
Clicking the trigger button on the secondary hand attached to weapon activates the side attachment (flashlight, laser)
- Pressing the slider release button on the controller releases the slider if possible – interacts with scope attachments otherwise
- Improved reloading mechanics
- Visible hints added for each weapon when there is no bullet chambered (can be turned on/off in the settings)
- When using autogrip: in order to be able to use autogrip, the weapon HAS TO BE reloaded (on certain weapons only)
- Added the ability to sprint with sniper rifles and the BAR
- Toggle-grip is default now on HTC Vive while hold-to-grip on Oculus (can be changed in the settings)
- Fixed a rare issue when modifying settings respawned the player
- Hand pointer after grenade explosion fixed
- Player pointer fixes (in the armory, world map and at death screen)
- 3D model- and environment optimizations for better performance
- Fixed decals on several dynamic objects
- Several texture fixes
- New reverb system
- Improved soundscapes
- Dynamic movement sounds
- Updated Audio Engine
- New footstep sounds
- Combat chatter added
Update #10 – Index Controller and WMR joystick support, Touch toggle-grip, massive performance boost
We’ve been quite busy after July’s content update. It unfortunately introduced a few bugs that needed to be fixed as soon as possible.
The first hotfix went live two weeks ago, and now with this hotfix we’re hoping that we managed to fix all the major bugs of the update.
But, you know us.. it wouldn’t be us if we didn’t cram even more stuff into one update. 🙂
As a result, Zero Caliber now has full Index Controller support (except for finger tracking) and native WMR joystick support. Oculus Touch controllers got the awaited toggle-grip option and as a bonus, performance got increased by at least 20%*!
*mostly noticeable in combat situations
FULL PATCH NOTES
- Valve Index Controller support. Attention! The ‘bolt catch’ and ‘magazine release’ buttons are hand-dependant. Right controller buttons work on weapons held in the right hand, left controller buttons work on weapons held in the left hand.
- Native WMR joystick support
- Oculus Touch toggle-grip option – no need to hold the grip continuously; can be changed in the control settings
- Fixed crashes caused by recent changes
- Massive performance optimization, especially in combat situations – temporarily disabled projectile particle effects in order to better optimize it
- Magazines don’t fall through the floor after dropping a weapon
- ‘Second Wind’ invulnerability when low on health is back
- Fixed an issue in Co-op where the client player couldn’t move after teleporting back from out of the combat area
- Ally NPC name tags and icons now follow them correctly
- Fixed an issue where the players could grab on invisible attachments. This caused the players’ arms to stretch far away
- Items cannot disappear anymore while being force-pulled
- Client players in Co-op now respawn on checkpoints with the equipment used right before dying
Update #9 – New map, new weapon, weapon skins, loadout storing system, sharper graphics & countless more goodies!
We have two, very very busy months behind us. As a result, we can proudly present Zero Caliber’s biggest, most packed content update since its EA release last year!
We’ve brought you a new map – Lockup, a new weapon – Glock 18, the much-awaited loadout storing system, unlockable weapon skins, sharper graphics and a lot, lot more!
Really, when i say a lot more, i mean A LOT more.
This update is a HUGE one, please read through all the patchnotes below to see the full picture.
It’s impossible to summarize all the new content and improvements in a few words.
- New mission: Lockup. The Tlalokii have overtaken a maximum security prison. You’re tasked with the covert mission of recovering sensitive prisoner lists. NOTE: You can find a basketball court mid-mission with functioning basketballs. Because even soldiers have to relax mid-combat.
WEAPON SKINS | REWORKED LOBBY
- Extended Armory: with the amount of weapons and skins we have, it was time to extend our armory with new weapon racks, and a shooting range (which is still WiP)
- The new weapon racks contain all the available weapons, their skins, all the attachments and their skins and all types of magazines. And their skins. Yes. All of them. NOTE: You can choose which weapon skin you prefer and all the corresponding items will use that skin.
- Unlocking weapon skins: each skin has a rank requirement you have to reach. There are also hidden mystery skins throughout all maps (if treasure hunting is your thing – yarr!); they can only be unlocked by finding them.
NEW LOADOUT STORING SYSTEM
- Store your favourite loadouts! You now have access to 3 life-size mannequins to store your favourite loadouts on. You can manually suit up your doppelgängers with your favourite setups, OR you can just press the appropriate buttons (either to store or to equip) to make the process faster. Store your gear, and they’ll be waiting for you next time you launch the game.
- New weapon: the Glock 18, a legendary fully-automatic pistol. Did i mention it also has a drum mag? Brrrrt.
- Tactical shield level-up: when using a pistol and shield combo, you can reload one-handed for that extra badass feeling!
- Burst fire mode added for the following weapons: G36 (double shot), Glock 18 (triple shot) and the KRISS Vector (double shot)
- Most weapons have multiple new types of magazines: extended, double, drum, etc.
- All magazines have skinned versions and you can combine them with different weapon skins
- Grenades now have indicator trails when thrown, with lights and sound effect
- Shotgun clips can be used for easier reload: load 5 shells in at a time, then keep taking clips out of your ammo pouch instead of individual shells. NOTE: Why have shotguns without proper reload mechanics? Good question! Pumpable shotguns are finally coming in the next update!
- The last 15 weapons you’ve grabbed won’t disappear within a ~32m radius
- Revolver ejects bullets/casings correctly
- Turret release by distance fixed
- Stocks dynamically open or close depending on which state is closer (instead of always opening unless completely closed)
- G36 stock now works as intended
- Attention! The way of removing attachments has changed! Press and hold the trigger, then pull the attachment away (no need to use button combinations anymore).
A short trigger press (no holding!) without pulling your hand away will change the modes on the attachment if applicable. WITH UNDER BARREL GRIPS: Little bit different, you have to secondary grab the weapon (grip) – then press the trigger and pull the attachment away to remove it. NOTE: Knocking off an attachment with another one still works!
- Smart attachment interaction when pressing the corresponding button – action performed in this order: 1. Release slider IF backed 2. Activate side attachment IF there is one on the weapon AND the slider isn’t backed 3. Activate scope IF the slider isn’t backed AND there is no side attachment
- Attachment optimization resulting in much better performance
- Silencers can be removed from pistols
- Flash suppressor now works as intended
GAMEPLAY | AI
- Smarter AI behavior: the enemy will change states, run in and out of cover, run away or charge you depending on the situation around them NOTE: Friendly AI will get a rework soon!
- AI spawn optimization resulting in better performance
- Loading screen added
- Holster improvement: can’t remove other players’ holstered weapons. No more stealing. :’(
- Reviving other players isn’t instant anymore, it has a small (1 sec) cooldown.
- Force pull sync improved
- Improved weapon spawning to hand
PLAYER | CONTROL IMPROVEMENTS
- Trigger/grip interaction: we’ve separated what the trigger and grip buttons can do: Trigger: ammo and attachment interaction Grip: weapon grabbing
- Reloading while crouching: it is now easier to take out ammo from the belt while crouching (ammo pouch collider is around the player’s knees when crouching)
- Wrist and lower arm positioning and rotations are reworked NOTE: It is much better than before, but still WiP.
- UI laser beam improved: it is now independent from weapon length
- Completely reworked Comfort Mode setting for players prone to motion sickness – it is much more pleasant now. Also we now have three intensity settings under Settings>Game
- Comfort mode setup added to Lobby
- Player doesn’t glitch anymore when pressing full locomotion immediately after spawning
- Various force pull bug fixes
- Menu and pointer now supports main hand setting for left handed players NOTE: Index controllers are not supported officially. It’s coming in the next update!
- Sharpened image to reduce overall blurriness – MUCH more sharp graphics
- No more head- and armless body after player death
- POIs are now fading when the player looks towards them – less obstructing
- Menu UI scaled down
- Impact decals are now attached to dynamic objects
- In the menu, after pressing Exit to Desktop, Cancel button now works
- New map has an experimental GFX feature (on VR platform): lens flares (bless Michael Bay!)
- ‘Retaliation’ map got the ‘american-night’ filter: instead of pitch-black, it has a nice blue ambient atmosphere
- Overall post processing FX improvements
- Updated gun sounds
- Burst weapon tail sound fixed, sound echoes after every burst even if the player doesn’t let go of the trigger
Zero Caliber VR
Zero Caliber VR is a first-person tactical shooter developed by XREAL Games exclusively for premium Virtual Reality headsets. The story brings the player to a dystopian United States in the not too distant future where physics-based interaction combined with realistic weapon handling and stunning graphics will make you feel like you’re physically part of the action. Fight either alone, or with your friends throughout the whole campaign, which is fully playable in Co-Op. PvP coming soon!
Action-oriented story, gripping gunfights, realistic weapons with an on-the-fly swappable attachment system. Immersion like you’ve never felt before in a VR military shooter!
REALISTIC COMBAT SYSTEM
MOVE YOUR BODY TO FIGHT AND FIND COVER
Handle, aim and reload your weapons with real-life movements! We modeled the in-game weapons based on their real-life counterparts paying extreme attention to detail. Each weapon has its unique reloading method that you have to learn and practice to fully master them.
If you fancy explosions, just grab a grenade and throw it at the enemy. After you pulled the pin of course.
Stay in the open for too long and you’re dead. Try to find cover instead, duck, crouch, sneak, peek around a corner, clear obstacles with real-life movements. Military combat isn’t all about shooting. Being aware of your surroundings, the terrain, and working together with your squadmates are all part of a successful mission. Don’t let your fellow soldiers down!
CUSTOMIZE YOUR FAVOURITE GUN
Everyone has a unique playstyle. Is accuracy your thing? Put a laser sight on your assault rifle and take accurate shots in semi-automatic mode, or just grab a sniper rifle. Are you more of a shoot first, ask later type of person? Take a shotgun, or dual wield your machine guns in fully automatic firing mode. Be careful though, recoil can make your job really difficult! Combine your favourite gun with your favourite attachments on-the-fly to find out which variation suits you the most!
DIVE INTO AN ENGAGING DYSTOPIAN ADVENTURE IN THE NOT TOO DISTANT FUTURE
Water is life. Someone should’ve made that clear before humanity started poisoning Earth with microplastics. Now water is death. People are fighting for drinkable water, for survival.
The military tried their best to keep order, but inevitably they got overwhelmed. That’s when mercenaries appeared.. then entire private armies.. and then when hope started to fade away came the religious cults. The most fearsome of all is a secretive organization worshipping Tlaloc, the aztec God of rain. The “Tlalokii”, as they call themselves. Their motto? “Join us or perish”. What is even worse, they know something that can change the fate of humanity.
Be part of this action-packed, story-driven VR adventure where you fight alongside your fellow soldiers trying to keep order… or what’s left of it anyway.
We place realism above anything else. Graphics and ambiance are crucial parts of this, that’s why we took extreme care in audio and visual design. Explorable open environment, stunning graphics, background noises, realistic weapon sound effects.
A constantly developing military VR FPS experience that will surely make you forget that you are in a video game!
MINIMUM | RECOMMENDED
64-bit processor and operating system
Windows 7 – 64 bit | Windows 10
Intel i5-4590 | Intel i7-4770
8 GB RAM | 16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
20 GB available space
Requirements are for Early Access