This update is huge. HUGE. Probably the biggest one in the game’s history.Read more
We’ve overhauled the ‘Tutorial’ for new players (replaying it is recommended even for seasoned Zero Caliber veterans), we’ve added the first part of the next story chapter, ‘Canyon’ and three new weapons (MK18, FN SCAR, USP). Shotguns recieved proper reload mechanics and we’ve introduced a new, experimental reload for pistols. As a result, dual wielding them became one of the most badass things in the game! Oh, and we’ve also added distance-dependent weapon damage. And virtual gunstock. And a new ragdoll system for the AI. And we’ve increased the amount of XP earned per mission.
Missing Touch controller bindings got fixed and we’ve revisited the Index controller handling – hopefully it feels much better now!
BUT… an even bigger part of this update can be found under the hood – performance optimization!
Our programmers have been knee-deep in the game’s core code to optimize it almost from scratch. We’re hoping that this will improve the performance across all kinds of configurations.
We’ve been testing the game until the last second, but since the code optimization is massive, it’s almost guaranteed that players will run into small issues here and there.
ATTENTION: unfortunately one of the negative results of the code optimization is the loss of player equipment and saved loadouts. The progress and unlocked items however should stay the same!
And now.. here’s the full list of changes, additions and improvements:
- Tutorial rework: we’ve overhauled the whole tutorial both visually and functionally in order to explain the game better for inexperienced players. If you’re a seasoned veteran, you can launch it from the world map.
- New story mission: Canyon. It is the first part of the new campaign destination. Can be played after ‘Hail’.
WEAPONS | ATTACHMENTS
- MK18 with 9 different skins
- FN SCAR with 6 different skins
- USP pistol with 9 different skins
- New attachments: MK18 suppressors, 2 angled grips, holo sight. New content is marked in the armory.
- Damage falloff: the amount of damage done by a weapon is now distance-dependent.
- Pump-action for all shotguns. SPAS has the option for semi-auto firemode.
- Unique shotgun spread for all shotguns
- Shotguns now take shells one-by-one from clips. If your shotgun is only missing one shell, the other 4 shells will stay in the clip and the clip doesn’t disappear.
- Reworked weapon physics – more realistic behavior when weapon is not held in hands
- All holo sights have new, adjustable brightness/color options
- Underbarrel grip removal now works the same way it does with other attachments IF autogrip is OFF: hover over the grip, press trigger and pull it away. If autogrip is ON, functionality remains the same – when your hand grips onto the weapon automatically, press trigger and pull away to remove the grip
GAMEPLAY | AI
- Virtual gunstock option added (look for it in the settings!): ‘ON’ mode is for all weapons, ‘REALISTIC’ mode applies only to weapons which already have a stock as part of the weapon body (e.g. AWP, AKM, AK47) or weapons which have a stock equipped and opened out (e.g G36C+stock attached)
- Experimental, but badass dual pistol reload: when both mags are ejected (by pressing the mag release button), lower your hand to your ammo pouch, then press the slider back button. BAMM. – This new feature might work inconsistently in Co-op for now.
- Improved recoil for every weapon and attachment
- Increased XP for levels – less grinding
- Weapon colliders and physics materials are improved to give a smoother gameplay experience when weapons interact with the environment
- New ragdoll system: caliber- and shooting distance-dependent AI death reactions
- AI soldiers are now able to walk through dead AI bodies
- Optimized network code for smoother Co-op gameplay. It’s still not perfect, but we’re getting there!
- Map selector at the end of each map – players are now able to continue the game without quitting to the lobby by voting on the next mission.
PLAYER | CONTROL IMPROVEMENTS
- Haptic feedback (rumbling) added when gripping weapons and grabbing mags from the belt
- Oculus Quest support FIXED with improved Touch controls
- Fixed an Oculus Rift S bug where players couldn’t do anything at first start
- Improved Index Controller controls: grabbing functionality with the controller has been revisited and improved. You will have to squeeze a little more to grab something (no more sucking up items when you just wanted to rest your fingers), removed the tiny delay when releasing items (smoother grenade throws).
- Default Grip Option is set to Hold-To-Grab for Touch and Index Controllers, Toggle-Grip for Vive Wands by default. Can be changed in the settings.
- Updated object handling for Touch controllers: mags, grenades and attachments can only be grabbed and picked up with the trigger, while the grip button is for grabbing weapons and bigger, non-weapon related objects.
- Controller dead zone default value increased from 0.05 to 0.11 to avoid phantom movement
- Optimization and more optimization
- Super immersive environmental sounds
- Redesigned indoor sounds
- Updated weapon sounds
- Fixed an issue where after grabbing an attachment from one hand to another, knock-off functionality would be lost
- Fixed an issue where after dropping an attachment and quickly grabbing it would make attaching it to the weapon impossible
- Fixed bouncing weapons – weapons now have more realistic physics
- Menu pointer fixed when holding weapons with both hands
- Vive: can’t take weapons out of other players holsters anymore
- VIVE and Index Controller: fixed an issue where quickly dropping and grabbing a weapon by its slider caused the weapon to drop to the ground
- Sock 1718c left-hand grab position fixed
- Fixed an issue where weapons sometimes disappeared after respawning or the player spawned with other players’ equipment
- Fixed an issue where the green outline stayed on objects
- And endless more small bugfixes…
Update #12 – It’s Halloween! Pumpkin party on ‘Retaliation’, new SCAR variant and spooky weapon skins!
It’s that time of the year!
To bring a little spookiness to Zero Caliber, we’ve carved a huge amount of pumpkins and placed them all over the night mission ‘Retaliation’ (you can find a few of them in the Lobby as well).
These Halloween pumpkins come with a little surprise: they blow up when shot (with a surprise sound effect). Use them to fight off the evil Tlalokiis!
If you just want to throw around pumpkins for the fun of it, look for them at the basketball court in ‘Lockup’ or at the beginning of ‘Retaliation’.
BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE!
A new SCAR variant can be found in the ‘Armory’ with a fancy Halloween themed skin!
Besides the new SCAR (which will be unlockable in the next update), we’ve made a spooky skin for a community favourite weapon: the M4!
We hope you’ll enjoy this little Halloween event we’ve made!
Have a spooky Halloween!
XREAL Games Team
Update #11 – VIVE Cosmos support, weapon recoils, faster progression, new rank icons & tons of bug fixes!
Since the last update, we’ve mostly been busy with fixing bugs and improving game mechanics.
The most noticeable addition is the new, overhauled recoil system, which will make aiming just a tiny bit more difficult…
We’ve also overhauled the rank icons, they’ll now visually represent the hard work that goes into getting them. 🙂
Concerning the progression speed – we’ve heard your feedback about the grind, so we’ve chopped it in half: you’ll get double the amount of XP and money per mission (compared to the amount of XP and money pre-update). We’ve also added VIVE Cosmos support!
Old recoil on the left-, new recoil on the right side:
You can check the full list below:
WEAPONS | ATTACHMENTS
- New recoils – We’ve reworked how the weapons behave, it’s much more realistic now (subject to change based on feedback)
- New double magazines for the Uzi, P90 and the M1918 BAR
- New weapon skins for P90, M4A1, Python
- Shotgun clips are saved in the belt when moving between missions
- Sliders and stocks are released by the hand if you move the controller too far away
- Weapons spawned in the player’s belt have ammo chambered (they were spawned empty beforehand)
- Fixed a rare issue where knocking off scope attachments could cause iron sights to be incorrectly visible
- Fixed muzzle flash location when applying suppressors
- Fixed muzzle flash appearance when applying suppressors
- Improved Python handling and fixed barrel opening
- Fixed Ka5C slider – plate is now moving when shooting
- Improved Steyr Aug and KRISS Vector handling
- Steyr Aug rail fixed when applying attachments
- Improved turret handling
GAMEPLAY | CO-OP IMPROVEMENTS
- Renamed ranks with new, visually pleasing icons
- XP is now capped at lvl100 – won’t be accumulated after reaching the maximum amount
- Microphone ‘always on’ option – when enabled in the settings, the mic will always be activated, no need to manually turn the voice chat on
- Added a confirmation window on death screen before returning to lobby – no more accindentally leaving a Co-op session
- Fixed a rare issue where the host’s hand could get stuck in the air when secondary grabbing a weapon
- Improved player hand sync between host and client
- Iron sights in Co-op fixed
- Smart attachment Interaction
Clicking the trigger button on the secondary hand attached to weapon activates the side attachment (flashlight, laser)
- Pressing the slider release button on the controller releases the slider if possible – interacts with scope attachments otherwise
- Improved reloading mechanics
- Visible hints added for each weapon when there is no bullet chambered (can be turned on/off in the settings)
- When using autogrip: in order to be able to use autogrip, the weapon HAS TO BE reloaded (on certain weapons only)
- Added the ability to sprint with sniper rifles and the BAR
- Toggle-grip is default now on HTC Vive while hold-to-grip on Oculus (can be changed in the settings)
- Fixed a rare issue when modifying settings respawned the player
- Hand pointer after grenade explosion fixed
- Player pointer fixes (in the armory, world map and at death screen)
- 3D model- and environment optimizations for better performance
- Fixed decals on several dynamic objects
- Several texture fixes
- New reverb system
- Improved soundscapes
- Dynamic movement sounds
- Updated Audio Engine
- New footstep sounds
- Combat chatter added
Zero Caliber VR
Zero Caliber VR is a first-person tactical shooter developed by XREAL Games exclusively for premium Virtual Reality headsets. The story brings the player to a dystopian United States in the not too distant future where physics-based interaction combined with realistic weapon handling and stunning graphics will make you feel like you’re physically part of the action. Fight either alone, or with your friends throughout the whole campaign, which is fully playable in Co-Op. PvP coming soon!
Action-oriented story, gripping gunfights, realistic weapons with an on-the-fly swappable attachment system. Immersion like you’ve never felt before in a VR military shooter!
REALISTIC COMBAT SYSTEM
MOVE YOUR BODY TO FIGHT AND FIND COVER
Handle, aim and reload your weapons with real-life movements! We modeled the in-game weapons based on their real-life counterparts paying extreme attention to detail. Each weapon has its unique reloading method that you have to learn and practice to fully master them.
If you fancy explosions, just grab a grenade and throw it at the enemy. After you pulled the pin of course.
Stay in the open for too long and you’re dead. Try to find cover instead, duck, crouch, sneak, peek around a corner, clear obstacles with real-life movements. Military combat isn’t all about shooting. Being aware of your surroundings, the terrain, and working together with your squadmates are all part of a successful mission. Don’t let your fellow soldiers down!
CUSTOMIZE YOUR FAVOURITE GUN
Everyone has a unique playstyle. Is accuracy your thing? Put a laser sight on your assault rifle and take accurate shots in semi-automatic mode, or just grab a sniper rifle. Are you more of a shoot first, ask later type of person? Take a shotgun, or dual wield your machine guns in fully automatic firing mode. Be careful though, recoil can make your job really difficult! Combine your favourite gun with your favourite attachments on-the-fly to find out which variation suits you the most!
DIVE INTO AN ENGAGING DYSTOPIAN ADVENTURE IN THE NOT TOO DISTANT FUTURE
Water is life. Someone should’ve made that clear before humanity started poisoning Earth with microplastics. Now water is death. People are fighting for drinkable water, for survival.
The military tried their best to keep order, but inevitably they got overwhelmed. That’s when mercenaries appeared.. then entire private armies.. and then when hope started to fade away came the religious cults. The most fearsome of all is a secretive organization worshipping Tlaloc, the aztec God of rain. The “Tlalokii”, as they call themselves. Their motto? “Join us or perish”. What is even worse, they know something that can change the fate of humanity.
Be part of this action-packed, story-driven VR adventure where you fight alongside your fellow soldiers trying to keep order… or what’s left of it anyway.
We place realism above anything else. Graphics and ambiance are crucial parts of this, that’s why we took extreme care in audio and visual design. Explorable open environment, stunning graphics, background noises, realistic weapon sound effects.
A constantly developing military VR FPS experience that will surely make you forget that you are in a video game!
MINIMUM | RECOMMENDED
64-bit processor and operating system
Windows 7 – 64 bit | Windows 10
Intel i5-4590 | Intel i7-4770
8 GB RAM | 16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
20 GB available space
Requirements are for Early Access