We have two, very very busy months behind us. As a result, we can proudly present Zero Caliber’s biggest, most packed content update since its EA release last year!
We’ve brought you a new map – Lockup, a new weapon – Glock 18, the much-awaited loadout storing system, unlockable weapon skins, sharper graphics and a lot, lot more!
Really, when i say a lot more, i mean A LOT more.
This update is a HUGE one, please read through all the patchnotes below to see the full picture.
It’s impossible to summarize all the new content and improvements in a few words.
- New mission: Lockup. The Tlalokii have overtaken a maximum security prison. You’re tasked with the covert mission of recovering sensitive prisoner lists. NOTE: You can find a basketball court mid-mission with functioning basketballs. Because even soldiers have to relax mid-combat.
WEAPON SKINS | REWORKED LOBBY
- Extended Armory: with the amount of weapons and skins we have, it was time to extend our armory with new weapon racks, and a shooting range (which is still WiP)
- The new weapon racks contain all the available weapons, their skins, all the attachments and their skins and all types of magazines. And their skins. Yes. All of them. NOTE: You can choose which weapon skin you prefer and all the corresponding items will use that skin.
- Unlocking weapon skins: each skin has a rank requirement you have to reach. There are also hidden mystery skins throughout all maps (if treasure hunting is your thing – yarr!); they can only be unlocked by finding them.
NEW LOADOUT STORING SYSTEM
- Store your favourite loadouts! You now have access to 3 life-size mannequins to store your favourite loadouts on. You can manually suit up your doppelgängers with your favourite setups, OR you can just press the appropriate buttons (either to store or to equip) to make the process faster. Store your gear, and they’ll be waiting for you next time you launch the game.
- New weapon: the Glock 18, a legendary fully-automatic pistol. Did i mention it also has a drum mag? Brrrrt.
- Tactical shield level-up: when using a pistol and shield combo, you can reload one-handed for that extra badass feeling!
- Burst fire mode added for the following weapons: G36 (double shot), Glock 18 (triple shot) and the KRISS Vector (double shot)
- Most weapons have multiple new types of magazines: extended, double, drum, etc.
- All magazines have skinned versions and you can combine them with different weapon skins
- Grenades now have indicator trails when thrown, with lights and sound effect
- Shotgun clips can be used for easier reload: load 5 shells in at a time, then keep taking clips out of your ammo pouch instead of individual shells. NOTE: Why have shotguns without proper reload mechanics? Good question! Pumpable shotguns are finally coming in the next update!
- The last 15 weapons you’ve grabbed won’t disappear within a ~32m radius
- Revolver ejects bullets/casings correctly
- Turret release by distance fixed
- Stocks dynamically open or close depending on which state is closer (instead of always opening unless completely closed)
- G36 stock now works as intended
- Attention! The way of removing attachments has changed! Press and hold the trigger, then pull the attachment away (no need to use button combinations anymore).
A short trigger press (no holding!) without pulling your hand away will change the modes on the attachment if applicable. WITH UNDER BARREL GRIPS: Little bit different, you have to secondary grab the weapon (grip) – then press the trigger and pull the attachment away to remove it. NOTE: Knocking off an attachment with another one still works!
- Smart attachment interaction when pressing the corresponding button – action performed in this order: 1. Release slider IF backed 2. Activate side attachment IF there is one on the weapon AND the slider isn’t backed 3. Activate scope IF the slider isn’t backed AND there is no side attachment
- Attachment optimization resulting in much better performance
- Silencers can be removed from pistols
- Flash suppressor now works as intended
GAMEPLAY | AI
- Smarter AI behavior: the enemy will change states, run in and out of cover, run away or charge you depending on the situation around them NOTE: Friendly AI will get a rework soon!
- AI spawn optimization resulting in better performance
- Loading screen added
- Holster improvement: can’t remove other players’ holstered weapons. No more stealing. :’(
- Reviving other players isn’t instant anymore, it has a small (1 sec) cooldown.
- Force pull sync improved
- Improved weapon spawning to hand
PLAYER | CONTROL IMPROVEMENTS
- Trigger/grip interaction: we’ve separated what the trigger and grip buttons can do: Trigger: ammo and attachment interaction Grip: weapon grabbing
- Reloading while crouching: it is now easier to take out ammo from the belt while crouching (ammo pouch collider is around the player’s knees when crouching)
- Wrist and lower arm positioning and rotations are reworked NOTE: It is much better than before, but still WiP.
- UI laser beam improved: it is now independent from weapon length
- Completely reworked Comfort Mode setting for players prone to motion sickness – it is much more pleasant now. Also we now have three intensity settings under Settings>Game
- Comfort mode setup added to Lobby
- Player doesn’t glitch anymore when pressing full locomotion immediately after spawning
- Various force pull bug fixes
- Menu and pointer now supports main hand setting for left handed players NOTE: Index controllers are not supported officially. It’s coming in the next update!
- Sharpened image to reduce overall blurriness – MUCH more sharp graphics
- No more head- and armless body after player death
- POIs are now fading when the player looks towards them – less obstructing
- Menu UI scaled down
- Impact decals are now attached to dynamic objects
- In the menu, after pressing Exit to Desktop, Cancel button now works
- New map has an experimental GFX feature (on VR platform): lens flares (bless Michael Bay!)
- ‘Retaliation’ map got the ‘american-night’ filter: instead of pitch-black, it has a nice blue ambient atmosphere
- Overall post processing FX improvements
- Updated gun sounds
- Burst weapon tail sound fixed, sound echoes after every burst even if the player doesn’t let go of the trigger